Preparing for undergraduate study
The preparatory courses (Foundation) is for students who have completed High School, but whose academic qualifications do not yet meet Ledra College’s general entrance requirements for an undergraduate degree programme. Students undertake a mixture of courses which aim to prepare them for the undergraduate program of their interest.
Who are these programmes suitable for?
If you don’t have qualifications in the appropriate subjects for your chosen degree, if your grades are not high enough or if you are applying from a country where secondary education does not reach the level required for direct entry to our degrees, you should apply for a foundation programme. Students who do not meet the English-language minimum requirements for enrolment in our undergraduate programs, are required by law in Cyprus to first enrol in a foundation program.
Duration & Teaching
The total duration of the foundation program differs from student to student and is based on pre-assessed, individual needs. Generally speaking, students are expected to undertake either one or two semester(s) of preparatory courses.
They will be introduced to a wide range of learning methods, including lectures, essay writing, simulated meetings, language practice, case studies and problem solving tasks, group and individual presentations. They will be assessed via coursework, group work, presentations and in-class tests. They will also be expected to sit the final examinations for some modules which usually take place at the end of the semester.
On successful completion of the course they will be awarded a “Foundation Course certificate of Attendance” which will allow them to follow an undergraduate course of their choice here at Ledra College or a University degree in an English-speaking institution abroad.
- Unseen written examinations
- Extended essays and case studies
- Individual and group presentations.
Progression to a degree programme at Ledra College
After starting the Foundation program you will receive a conditional offer of a degree place. Once you have successfully completed the program and, subject to satisfying the progression criteria outlined, you can proceed directly to your degree at the College. The required progression grade will depend on your chosen degree course.
|F-ENG01 English for Business||
|F-ENG02 English Language 1||
|F-ENG03 English Language 2||
|F-ENG04 English Language 3||
|F-ENG05 Introduction to Computer Systems||
|F-ENG06 Introduction to Business||
|F-MTH01 Intermediate Algebra||
|F-MTH02 Mathematics and Statistics for Computing||
|F-SLRI01 Principles of Successful Learning and Researching Information||5|
- The students can study alongside a diverse mix of international students which will enhance their cross-cultural understanding and encourage consistent practice of their English language communication
- The students follow a structured programme of personal and academic support, including an Academic Adviser who can advise them on their academic decisions throughout the year
- The students gains access to all the study resources and social clubs available at Ledra College
- The students are given an opportunity to gain experience of their intended Undergraduate degree programme by attending additional skills-based sessions
- Ledra College boasts state of the art teaching facilities, within modern premises, fitted with the latest audiovisual equipment
- Ledra College always aims for the lowest possible student-faculty ratio (currently at 15:1), ensuring small classes and individual attention